Vancouver Island Baha'i School
3202 Young Lake Road, Sooke
Wednesday 21 - Sunday 25 August, 2019
For questions or comments please contact us at:
Note: Bookings and payments must be made for the duration of the camp this year.
Arrive and set up anytime after 4:00 on Wednesday, August 21st.
The program will run for three full days and evenings: Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
We need to be cleaned up and exit the camp by 2:00 on Sunday the 25th.
- Adults: $120
- Youth ages 12-20: $100
- Children ages 5-11: $40
- Children under 5: Free
Registration fees include adult and children's programs, tenting/cabin space plus all meals and snacks. There is an additional $5 fee for canoe and paddle board rental. If finances are a concern, please contact your Local Spiritual Assembly.
- CABINS: The camp has several rustic cabins (no electricity) with eight canvas bunks in each. You will need to bring your own mattress and bedding. Cabins are assigned on a first come, first served basis. You may have to share a cabin with other participants.
- TENTING: There is a large tenting area with washrooms and showers nearby. Tent trailers are not permitted in this space.
- RV: There is limited space for R.V. parking on site.
- HOTEL: The Prestige Hotel in Sooke is a seven-minute drive from the camp. There are also several Airbnb options in the area (if you prefer to stay in more comfort off-site)
No animals allowed on the premises.
What to Bring:
- Plate, cup, bowl and cutlery (no disposables, please)
- Bedding, pillow, camp mattress
- Bathing suit and towel
- Sports equipment
Camp Barnard is a well-loved, well-maintained scout camp. We will have access to:
- two large halls (Keego and Mor)
- four cabin circles
- large, grassy tenting area
- large playing field
- Lake for swimming and boating (only during certain hours)
- hiking trails
- several outdoor shelters and spaces
Photos of the camp can be found at: http://campbarnard.ca/facilities