This school is cancelled for 2020 due to the unacceptable health risks presented by the COVID 19 pandemic. We hope to see you at the Vancouver Island School in 2021. Please check out the 2020 Virtual School. Since we cannot meet in person, we would love to connect online this summer.
Following in the Footsteps of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
3202 Young Lake Road, Sooke
‘Abdu’l-Bahá, the eldest son of Bahá’u’lláh, the Prophet/Founder of the Bahá’í Faith, was appointed by Him as the sole interpreter of His Writings and the Centre of His Covenant. ‘Abdu’l-Bahá is viewed by Bahá’ís as the finest example of how to live one’s life. In 2021, we will celebrate the centenary of His passing. This year’s school is dedicated to studying some key lessons taught by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, through both His actions and words.
The registration link will be available on this page on April 30. Please come back then to sign-up! In response to feedback from participants, we’ve added one day to the length of the school this year. The rates for attendance reflect this.
Ages 12–20: $120
Ages 5–11: $60
Children under 5: Free
Again this year, we are only accepting full-time registrations. If you wish to attend part-time, you are welcome to register and attend when convenient for you, but the full fee will be required to secure your space.
Refund Policy: Full refunds will be granted if we receive notification in writing by July 2nd (one month prior to the camp). If a refund is requested after that date, it will be considered at the conclusion of the camp once the budget has been settled.
- CABINS: The camp has many rustic cabins (no electricity) with eight canvas bunks in each. You will need to bring your own mattress and bedding. Cabins are assigned on a first come, first-served basis. You may have to share a cabin with other participants.
- TENTING: There is a large tenting area with washrooms and showers nearby. Tent trailers are not permitted in this space.
- RV: There is limited space for R.V. parking on site.
- HOTEL: The Prestige Hotel in Sooke is a seven-minute drive from the camp. There are also several Airbnb options in the area if you prefer to stay in more comfort off-site. Note: Full time rates still apply even when staying off-site.
No animals or smoking allowed on the premises.
What to Bring:
- Plate, cup, water bottle, bowl and cutlery (no disposables, please)
- Bedding, pillow, camp mattress
- Bathing suit and towel
- Sports equipment
Camp Barnard is a well-loved, well-maintained scout camp. We will have access to:
- two large halls (Keego and Mor)
- four cabin circles
- large, grassy tenting area
- large playing field
- lake for swimming and boating (only during certain hours, $5 fee for boat/board rentals, cash only)
- hiking trails
- several outdoor shelters and spaces
Please take a look at the photo gallery to see many photos of the 2019 Summer School. We look forward to seeing you at Camp Barnard!